7 Tricky Work Situations, and How to Respond to Them
An interesting article in the Harvard Business Review about handling 7 tricy work situations including:
(1) Situation #1: Someone takes credit for your idea.
(2) Situation #2: You’re asked to stay late when you’re about to leave the office for a personal obligation.
(3) Situation #3: In a pivotal situation, a trusted colleague snaps at you.
(4) Situation #4: You have to say “no.”
(5) Situation #5: You have to give negative or awkward feedback to someone you’re close with.
(6) Situation #6: You need to push back on a decision you believe is wrong.
(7) Situation #7: You need to escalate a serious issue.
You know the moment: a mood-veering, thought-steering, pressure-packed interaction with a colleague, boss, or client when the right thing to say is stuck in a verbal traffic jam between your brain and your mouth. This analysis paralysis occurs when your brain suddenly becomes overtaxed by worry or pressure. Consequently, you find yourself unable to respond to a mental, psychological, or emotional challenge, and you fail to execute in the critical moment. Many people experience this at work. But there are seven key phrases you can use, tailored to specific situations. You can keep them in your back pocket for when these kinds of moments happen, route your response with them, and redirect the situation to regain control.
Author: Yuri Punj
If you are looking for a language learning college, which provides intensely immersive summer programs for foreign language learning and undergraduate programs – go for…Read More
By Subhamay Basu; Artist and Graphic Designer; Proprietor – Graphite Studio; Director – Janus Cultural Society, White Cube You…Read More
Banking and finance sector in Canada is one of the safest and most stable sectors in the world. From last six consecutive years, Canadian banks…Read More
Professional’s may have noticed that the job landscape today is very different than the one we were looking at just five years ago. And although…Read More