7 Tricky Work Situations, and How to Respond to Them
An interesting article in the Harvard Business Review about handling 7 tricy work situations including:
(1) Situation #1: Someone takes credit for your idea.
(2) Situation #2: You’re asked to stay late when you’re about to leave the office for a personal obligation.
(3) Situation #3: In a pivotal situation, a trusted colleague snaps at you.
(4) Situation #4: You have to say “no.”
(5) Situation #5: You have to give negative or awkward feedback to someone you’re close with.
(6) Situation #6: You need to push back on a decision you believe is wrong.
(7) Situation #7: You need to escalate a serious issue.
You know the moment: a mood-veering, thought-steering, pressure-packed interaction with a colleague, boss, or client when the right thing to say is stuck in a verbal traffic jam between your brain and your mouth. This analysis paralysis occurs when your brain suddenly becomes overtaxed by worry or pressure. Consequently, you find yourself unable to respond to a mental, psychological, or emotional challenge, and you fail to execute in the critical moment. Many people experience this at work. But there are seven key phrases you can use, tailored to specific situations. You can keep them in your back pocket for when these kinds of moments happen, route your response with them, and redirect the situation to regain control.
Author: Yuri Punj
A majority of parents and high school students begin the college admission process by comparing the SAT and ACT tests. Both are nationally administered and standardized…Read More
Colleges are getting more and more expensive. Tuition has more than doubled since the 1980s – at both public and private colleges. There’s over 1.4 trillion…Read More
It’s no news that International students in the UK pay higher tuition fees than domestic or EU students, while funding their accommodation and living costs…Read More
Even though it is not yet an established fact, there is a strong belief that educational apps do help children in learning better. With…Read More