BITSAT 2020: Exam Dates, Admit Card, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern, Fees, Preparation
BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) 2020 is a computer-based online test for providing admission to B.E, B.Pharm, and M.Sc programs offered at BITS Pilani campuses in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. Get to know the registration, dates, admit card, eligibility, syllabus, pattern, reference books, fees, preparation tips for BITSAT 2020 exam.
Courses Offered after Clearing BITSAT
- B.E.(Hons.): Chemical
- B.E.(Hons.): Civil
- B.E.(Hons.): Electrical & Electronics
- B.E.(Hons.): Mechanical
- B.E.(Hons.): Manufacturing
- B.E.(Hons.): Computer Science
- B.E.(Hons.): Electronics & Instrumentation
- M.Sc. Biological Sciences
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Economics
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Sc. Physics
BITSAT 2020 Dates
- Release of Application Form – 1st week of January 2020
- Last date of application submission – 2nd week of March 2020
- Application correction window opens – 2nd to 3rd week of March 2020
- Exam center allotment – 4th week of March 2020
- Exam Slot booking process – 4th week of March to 1st week of April 2020
- Availability of Admit card/Hall ticket – 2nd week of April to 2nd week of May 2020
- BITSAT 2020 Exam – 3rd to last week of May 2020
- Applying for admission (based on 12th scores) – 1st week of May to 3rd week of June 2020
- Release of Admit list and Waitlist – 3rd week of June 2020
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility
Candidates who have passed their class 12th examination with aggregate 75% marks in PCM are eligible to apply for BE programs. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
For B.Pharm courses, candidates must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
There is no change in BITSAT Syllabus. Candidates must carefully go through their class 11 and 12 syllabi of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (NCERT syllabus). 40 questions are asked from Physics and Chemistry combined while 45 questions will be put up from Mathematics/Biology.
- Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Differential calculus
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Linear Programming
- Units & Measurement
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Impulse and Momentum
- Rotational Motion
- Work and Energy
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- States of Matter
- Chemical Bonding
- Molecular Structure and atomic structure
- Physical and Chemical Equilibrium
- Hydrogen and s-block elements, p- d- and f-block elements
- Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Verbal reasoning – Classification, Analogy, Logical Deduction – Reading Passage, Chart Logic, etc.
- Nonverbal reasoning – Pattern Perception, Figure Matrix, Paper Cutting, Rule Detection, etc.
- Comprehension and Composition
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
BITSAT exam will be conducted in two slots each day. The first session will be from 9 am – 12 noon, while the second slot will be from 2 pm- 5 pm. You can choose either of these, based on the availability.
- Mode of exam- BISAT is conducted in online mode.
- Duration- The time duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- Sectional Time Limit- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
- Total Questions- A candidate has to solve 150 questions.
- Nature of Questions- All questions are of objective type.
- Marking Scheme- Each correct answer is credited with 3 marks.
- Negative Marking- There is a penalty of 1 mark which will be levied on answering the question wrongly.
- Sections- A candidate has to answer questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency, and Logical Reasoning.
The slot booking process of BITSAT 2020 starts in the 2nd Week of April. (Tentative)
It is an online process wherein candidates have to select their desired test date and time slot for the exam. BITSAT Slot Booking is offered on First Come First Serve Basis. In case candidates who don’t book a slot for BITSAT, they will be offered slots by the institute. Post booking the slots, BITSAT Admit Card will be issued.
Top Reference Books for BITSAT 2020
- Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics by A Das Gupta
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Arihant BITSAT Book
- Comprehensive Guide to BITSAT Online Test by Disha Experts [Buy on Amazon]
- Cengage Maths
- NCERT Chemistry
- Arihant BITSAT Book
- Wren and Martin’s English
***Candidates can consider following good study material for writing the BITSAT. These materials are made by subject experts and cover the full BITSAT syllabus, DPPs, question banks, etc.
- For Male candidates’ fee – INR 3150
- For Female candidates’ fee – INR 2650
- For Applicants opting Dubai as exam centre – INR 5600
Mode of Payment: Application Fee can be paid by the applicants via credit/debit card or net banking. Also the fee can be paid through cash by generating Pay-in-slip.
Preparation Tips for BITSAT
- Study for nearly ten 10 hours daily
- Write as many mock tests as possible
- Solve all of previous years’ question papers
- Those weak in English Focus grammar or vocabulary, give special focus in learning them
- Practise logical reasoning regularly
- Prepare short notes for last minute revision
- Do not indulge in unhealthy competition
- Eat healthy, stay fit
Scholarships to BITS
There are various kinds of scholarships that candidates can avail of. It is important to fulfill the eligibility conditions before applying for these.
- Board Toppers- Candidates who secure the top 3 positions in class XII in their respective boards are given a merit scholarship of 100%, 75% and 50% of the first-semester tuition fee respectively for the first semester
- Merit in Qualifying Examination: Students who have obtained 90% or above in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 20% of first-semester tuition fee.
- Merit in Qualifying Examination: Students who have obtained 80% or above but less than 90% in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 15% of the first-semester tuition fee.
- Merit in Competitive Examinations- Students who have appeared in AIEEE or IIT-JEE for admission to engineering programmes, are awarded scholarships ranging from 25%-75% in the first-year tuition fee depending on the score secured in the examination.
Author: Baishali Mukherjee
Profile- An independent writer and journalist for last nine years; presently working with Education World, Entrepreneur India, Scrabbl.com and Stoodnt.com. Worked as the content head for four books and have articles and features published in leading print and digital media spaces.
Can you believe it? It is now mid May and for our students, it is getting time to start thinking about constructing one of the…Read More
Deepak Jalan is an Indian businessperson, an HR Professional and former Director- Resource Management Group in Tech Mahindra Ltd. He is the Founder…Read More
Are you a B.Com graduate aiming to pursue your higher education abroad? If yes, being a student with 15 years’ (12+3) education, are you aware…Read More
Previously we looked at the top Master’s programs in Biomedical Sciences and Engineering with no tuition fees. In this post, we will look into the Best Master’s…Read More