Common Application Essay Prompts for 2018-2019
The Common Application has announced that the 2018-2019 personal essay writing prompts will be the same as the seven 2017-2018 essay prompts.
Please set up your Common App account at http://www.commonapp.org/ or if you need to roll over your existing account go to http://www.commonapp.org/rollover. Also, use Common App Ready: https://www.commonapp.org/ready for presentations and training videos.
2018-2019 Common Application Essay Prompts
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
4. Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma – anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
5. Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
6. Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
7. Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you’ve already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design.
Author: Yuri Punj
Now a day businesses are conducted digitally or over the phone. This has made us become a bit lax in face-to-face interactions. Although…Read More
By Lakshmi Murthy, CPO ITM Group of Institutions HR function in the organization evolved over decades from mere time office function to…Read More
Blockchain is huge news at this moment – because of the ascent of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Also, as the business extends, an extensive variety of…Read More
By Dr. Veni Nair Professor – Assistant Director – ITM Business School Navi Mumbai Entrepreneurship is fast emerging as a transformational trend of…Read More