Common Application Essay Prompts for 2018-2019
The Common Application has announced that the 2018-2019 personal essay writing prompts will be the same as the seven 2017-2018 essay prompts.
Please set up your Common App account at http://www.commonapp.org/ or if you need to roll over your existing account go to http://www.commonapp.org/rollover. Also, use Common App Ready: https://www.commonapp.org/ready for presentations and training videos.
2018-2019 Common Application Essay Prompts
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
4. Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma – anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
5. Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
6. Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
7. Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you’ve already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design.
Author: Yuri Punj
MBA is today the most sought after management program in India and is also an internationally accepted post-graduate degree. The two year program instills a…Read More
With the demand for big data and analytics talent, several business schools are now offering Masters in Business Analytics. The growing popularity of the Analytics…Read More
Few facts first – Pharma & Healthcare – highest paying industry in the country, followed by Professional Services and FMCG, which are the second…Read More
If you are about to apply for the master’s degree, then how to get through the grad school is what you need to understand. Go…Read More