Common Application Essay Prompts for 2018-2019
The Common Application has announced that the 2018-2019 personal essay writing prompts will be the same as the seven 2017-2018 essay prompts.
Please set up your Common App account at http://www.commonapp.org/ or if you need to roll over your existing account go to http://www.commonapp.org/rollover. Also, use Common App Ready: https://www.commonapp.org/ready for presentations and training videos.
2018-2019 Common Application Essay Prompts
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
4. Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma – anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
5. Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
6. Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
7. Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you’ve already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design.
Author: Yuri Punj
Yuri Punj is the Co-founder & President of Stoodnt, Inc. He has an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA Summa Cum Laude in Economics and Political Science from Colgate University. He has more than 25 years of experience in the financial services industries working for UBS Investment Bank, JP Morgan Chase, Schroders, and M&T Bank. He has been an equity analyst (Media & Internet sector) for a top-ranked Institutional Investor team.
Everyone wants a good education, and sometimes a person has to borrow money to get a good education because they would not be able to…Read More
By Subhojit Roy, Partner, CONNECTIONS PR Objectives of Public Relation (PR) Public Relation is a management function involving monitoring and evaluating public attitudes and…Read More
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an on-going National Program of Fellowship in Basic Sciences, initiated and funded by the Department of Science and…Read More
International students will be allowed to stay (and look for jobs) for two years (under the new UK post-study work visa rules) after graduating. It…Read More