Click Here » Summer Program
Last Updated on April 14, 2022
Programming/coding, cloud computing, and data science were once seen as skills reserved for geeks and computer nerds. Fuelled by the COVID-pandemic, tech skills are now regarded as essential abilities for 21st-century learners and the future workforce. It’s not essential to learn everything in high school. However, it never hurts to start early. So, why not spend your summer getting your hands dirty with Python Programming, Data Analytics, building AI/ML, and AWS basics? Here is Stoodnt’s s summer program on coding, computer science, AI & Cloud Computing for high school students.
Curriculum of Online Data Science, AI & Cloud Computing Summer Program for High School Students
Day 1: Get Familiar with Programming and Cloud Computing
Computer Science Basics
- Basics of Computers
- Differences between Computer Science and Computer Engineering
- Why do we need to do Programming?
- How to THINK to Code?
Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Why Cloud?
- Basics of Cloud Computing, and Cloud Architecture
- Important concepts around data storage systems
- Networking and DNS concepts including IP addressing, routing, switching, and firewalls.
- How databases work and the various types of database.
- Server virtualization basics and concepts.
Day 2: Learn Python Programming from Scratch
- Python language basics from scratch (data types, working with simple equations and using python to calculate general mathematical equations)
- Programming assignment
Mandatory Assignment Discussion and Doubt Clearing Session (Next Day)
Day 3: Data Analytics using Python Libraries
- Introduction and working knowledge of most widely used Python libraries such as Pandas, Numpy
- Programming exercises on data collection and data manipulation to students to check their learning outcomes
Optional Doubt Clearing Session for students who require some personalized help (Next Day)
Day 4: Introduction to AWS
- The history of AWS and key benefits of the AWS Cloud
- The core components of the AWS Cloud such as the AWS Global Infrastructure, Availability Zones, and Edge Locations
- How AWS price their services with on-demand, reserved, and spot pricing
- Cores AWS services such as AWS IAM, AWS VPC, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, AWS Lambda, Amazon EBS, Amazon EFS, DynamoDB, and many more
- Practical: How to setup your own AWS Free Tier account
- Practical: How to automatically scale on AWS with EC2 Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Lambda job setup
Doubt Clearing Session (next day or next-to-next day)
Day 5: Hands-on Chatbot Building in Python and Cloud Deployment
- What is a Chatbot and importance of AI Chatbot in today’s world
- How to Make a chat bot using Python
- How to deploy in the AWS environment
Assignment Discussion and Doubt Clearing Session (next day or the day after that)
Want to Register?
Apply Now for the Stoodnt Bootcamp!
- Data visualization using matplotlib, seaborn
- Real world biological data sheets to work on and practice
Day 7: Building AI and ML Models with Practical Applications
- What are artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) and why are they useful in the real world?
- Case-Study: How AI is used in vaccine development and strain selection plus how the Covid data can be used to carry out some project.
- Assignment: Using Tensor flow and similar libraries, how to use python to analyze DNA models
Day 8: Career and College Admission Guidance
- Career Scopes in Computer and Data Sciences
- Profile Building for College Admissions
- College List
- College Essays
Who are the Trainers and Mentors for this Bootcamp?
- Manoj Mittal | VP – Strategy & Digital Transformation, Gartner USA (Ex Harvard, Wisconsin, HP)
- Ajay Singh | VP – Data Engineering, BCD Travels USA (Ex Harvard, UT Austin, IIT-R, Booz Allen Hamilton, Am-Ex, Intel)
- Tamoghna Das | MSc Data Science & AI/ML Researcher, UK (Ex UCL, Cambridge, IISc Bangalore)
- Swarnava Datta | AWS and DevOps Engineer, TCS India (Ex WBUT, Religare, AIX)
- Abhijit Singh | VP – Engineering & Implementaion, Fabric USA (Ex IIM, Webaroo, Etisalat)
- Siddharth Sharma | Solutions Engineer – VMware USA (Ex CalPoly State University)
- Tanmoy Ray | Career & Admission Counselor, Stoodnt India (Ex Oxford, UMCU, UNSW)
Why should you Attend this Bootcamp?
- Advancements in the world of artificial intelligence have grown by leaps and bounds over the last few years. It’s affecting each and every induastry. AI could turn out to be one of the most important technologies humans have ever invented. If you are one of those aspirational teenagers who wants to have a headstart, this is for you.
- Secondly, computer science is the most competitive major in the US, India, and across the world. Attending this Bootcamp will help you to get started with the basics and work towards profile building. Read how to prepare for STEM and Engineering Majors while in high school.
- Finally, know if this is the right career path for you. It’s true that computer science, data science, and AI are trending careers. But, is it right for you? This summer program will allow you hands-on coding, data analysis, chatbot building, and cloud computing. See if you like working in these areas.
Who Should Attend this Bootcamp?
- This course is focused on helping students between the age of 14-18 years explore the basic concepts of computer sciences, programming, servers & cloud, AI, and data science.
- This course is not for students who are looking to become programming or data science experts. Most of the students in high school are still exploring potential college study options and what careers they may be interested in.
- You must attend if you are one of those aspirational high school students who want to le arn more about
- how computers work
- what are the basics of any programming, computer science, and computer engineering
- hands-on coding, data science, machine learning and AI
- implementing AI products in the Cloud environment
Summer Program Dates, Timing, Fees, Certification
Duration: 2.5 weeks
- Total 16 hours of Training
- 6 – 8 hours of Group Discussion and Doubt Clearing
- Cohort 1: May 14 – May 30
- Cohort 2: June 11 – Jun 27
- Tentative – Cohort 3: July 9 – July 25
- Few Faculty Members are based out of the UK and USA. So, the classes will be conducted in the late afternoons or evenings (IST).
- Doubt Clearing Sessions could be in the mornings or afternoons; depeinding on the students’ preferences.
- Regular Fees: Rs. 22,000 (all-inclusive)
- Early-Bird Fees: Rs. Rs.16,500 (Deadline: Mar 31)
- Scholarships for deserving students with financial constraints (case-by-case basis)
Certification and Awards
- Certificates will be provided to all participants on successful completion of training and assignments
- Cash Prize for the Best Student in each cohort (max 12 students per cohort)
- Letter of Recommendation for top 2 students in each cohort
Want to Attend AI-Cloud Bootcamp?
Featured Image Source: CareerGirls