Full Stack Developer Jobs and Salaries in India
Choosing a career in the tech sector can be tricky. You need to choose something that’s getting obsolete. Technology today is an ever-evolving field especially when it comes to development, where a developer plays a key role and is required to upgrade his skill sets regularly to beat the competition. A full-stack developer is an extremely important job role in the technology space in India (and globally). In this post, we will try to decipher the full stack developer career scopes, required skills, job opportunities, and salaries in India.
Full Stack Developer Jobs and Salaries in India
Co-authored by Parinita Gupta
The Covid-19 pandemic has created havoc all around the world. There have been layoffs and pay cuts across the world. But even in such difficult times, there are specific jobs that have not lost their shine! Such are the jobs that went digital.
That’s right; technology is one significant learning that several companies had to deal with to be better than others. If you can work on the internet, there would be no need to travel or commute.
One such job is being a full-stack developer. A full-stack developer is one who has mastery over a variety of skills and can handle all the work starting from creating, building, and designing a product through all the engineering stages. S/he would be a person who would use all his skills to complete a product independently. S/he is an expert who is familiar with both client-side and server-side programming and is capable of performing the roles of both front-end and back-end developers.
A full-stack developer would thus be the jack-of-all-trades as he would accomplish the challenging task of incorporating all layers into one.
Who are Full Stack Developers?
Full-stack developers are experts who are familiar with both client-side and server-side programming. They perform the roles of front-end and back-end developers. While some may argue that they are no specialists, a talented full-stack developer wouldn’t have much trouble handling development projects. Because of the demand, full-stack developer salary in India is one of the highest.
It is not just about knowing HTML and CSS, though. A full-stack developer should also know:
- How to program a browser
- How to program a server
- How to program a database
A full-stack developer is skilled in:
- Writing backend code in Java, Python, and Ruby
- Security and Networking
- Dealing with APIs
- Client coordination and Project management
- Creating, querying and understanding databases
- Handling complete system infrastructure including OS and hardware
Full-Stack Developer vs Software Engineer vs Data Scientist vs UI/UX Engineer
You must be wondering how a full-stack developer is different from a software engineer or a data scientist or a UI / UX engineer.
A Full Stack Developer is an expert capable of handling all the work of databases, servers, system engineering, and clients. This field is slowly gaining popularity and will be high in demand in the coming future.
A Data Scientist, however, is someone responsible for accumulating and examining heaps of data. He is capable of helping the company in identifying different ways to enhance the functioning of their operations. There is a massive demand for data scientists in the current technological world.
A Software Engineer, on the other hand, can build applications for a desktop. He can code these applications, test, and run them without any hindrances and errors. A software engineer is responsible for a particular aspect while working on an operating system.
UI and UX are something related to users, analyzing their behaviors, and how they interact with a product in a given environment.
It would be entirely unfair to compare such diverse career choices. Entering these fields requires a lot of knowledge and experience. There will be a huge difference when it comes to accessibility of a web application, the domain in which the expert will work, skills required for managing the system, the role performed in a team, the demand, and salary structure for every type of job.
Required Skills for Full Stack Developer
Key Verticals of Operation for Full-Stack Developers
Full Stack Developers usually operate by bringing together the various technological know-how in all the multiple layered applications to complete the whole project. Here are certain skill sets that you may require when it comes to working as a Full-stack developer –
- Back-end – The back-end layer is also known as the Logic Layer, and this includes everything other than the user interface. This layer involves the data validation part, which forms the nucleus of this layer’s core structure. You have to possess a fluent knowledge and expertise in different programming languages like Python, PHP, Java, etc.
- Database Layer – This is the central part of the application. All the processes in database management systems, including extraction, creation, administration, or deletion of the data from the database are part and parcel of this layer. For such engineering, you ought to be skilled in working functionalities of DBMS tools like Oracle, SQL, MySQL etc.
In-Demand Technical Skills for Full-Stack Developer
On the front end or the client end, a full-stack developer can be required to work with one of the following:
- HTML DOM
On the back end or the server-side, a full-stack developer might be required to work with:
Popular stacks that the developer would have to work with include:
Must-Have Soft Skills for Full-Stack Developer
Apart from the basic ones stated above, there are several other skills that Full Stack Developers need to build and increase their demand. These skills include:
- The experience with all the parts and segments required in the manufacturing a final product.
- Identifying the various automated methods and processes in engineering.
- Complying with the security standards in the production of the outcome.
- Mastery of specific web services, libraries, APIs, and database management systems.
- Expert Knowledge of coding in applications and its use to create chained connections in the software.
Typical Job Roles for a Full-Stack Developer
By now, you are familiar with the fact a full-stack developer is someone who can manage comprehensive product development. Here are some of the roles that such a developer may perform –
- Project manager – It involvesplanning the deliveries, sprints, estimating the resources requirement and the related cost, prioritising all the tasks according to specifications.
- Business analyst – It consists of conceptualising the operation to be built, creating precise conditions from client interview or market analysis.
- System architect – Having expertise inDesigning system architecture.
- User Experience designer – Designing interactions between system and users and bringing it to an optimum level.
- Software Developer – Constructing the software and conducting tests, if any.
- Quality Analyst – Creating an automated or manual test suit to test for bugs rigorously.
- Development operations engineer – Disposing the system to production servers, maintaining the system, creating and maintaining application development and production environments, and preparing for backup and recovery.
- Diverse roles – Creating application and domain models, Designing and normalising the database, Optimising design by implementing design patterns, and Choosing technology stack for building the solution.
Career Scopes of Full Stack Developers in India
There is a massive demand for Full Stack Developers in India and across the world. Let us have a look at specific areas to look out for when it comes to Full-stack Development –
- Abundant Market – This profession has a soaring demand in the present times. Almost all industries are on the look-out for full-stack developers. Be it a startup or a fully flourishing MNC; all companies need a professional full-stack developer who continuously delivers an edge over partial task professionals.
- Immense growth – With the rising demand across various industries, there is promising growth in the future of Full-Stack developers. You can expect a significant increase if you start it with a learning perspective and work your way up in an organization.
- Excellent Career path – Now that you have an idea of the wide variety of skills that a full-stack developer possesses, you can make a wild guess about the various job perspectives you can have in this field. You can refine your skills and be a project manager, oversee development work, or even become an educator or an entrepreneur.
Full Stack Developer Salaries in India
It is a well-known fact that the higher the experience, the higher your pay package is likely to be.
Here is everything you need to know about the salary of a Full Stack Developer:
- For a fresh graduate, the entry-level wage in India is ₹375,000.
- A full-stack developer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average of ₹553,006 annually.
- An employee having about 5-9 years of experience can make about INR 12-14 lakhs.
Full Stack Developers Salary in India: Based on Employer
Top recruiters for full-stack developers in India:
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Vassar Labs
- Report Garden
- GALE Partners
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Posist Technologies
Estimated salaries paid by the top recruiters in India
- Tata Consultancy Services- INR 452846 per annum
- IBM- INR 659371 per annum
- Vassar Labs- INR 785542 per annum
- Nuclei- INR 10,55,280 per annum
- Report Garden- INR 809013 per annum
- Accenture- INR 530241 per annum
- Wipro- INR 420826 per annum
- GALE Partners- INR 818863 per annum
- Infosys- INR 335000 – INR 424000 per annum
- Cognizant Technology Solutions- INR 240000 – INR 625000 per annum
- Oracle- INR 1390000- INR 1693000 per annum
- Schlumberger- INR 168000- INR 2117000 per annum
- Tapzo- INR 1100000- INR 1210000 per annum
- Posist Technologies- INR 834000- INR 995000 per annum
Now that you know anything and everything about a Full-Stack Developer, you will have everything in hand before you take a step towards the glorious career that this field offers you! After all, great journeys begin with the first step!
Parinita is a full-time banking professional. Additionally, she is also a passionate blogger and digital marketer.
She mostly writes about the Banking & Finance, Technology, and FinTech sector. But, she also enjoys writing on other topics as well. You can follow her on Twitter.
Featured Image Source: Eduonix
Author: Tanmoy Ray
I am a Career Adviser & MS Admission Consultant. Additionally, I also manage online marketing at Stoodnt. I did my Masters from the UK (Aston University) and have worked at the University of Oxford (UK), Utrecht University (Netherlands), University of New South Wales (Australia) and MeetUniversity (India).
Time management is a set of principles, practices, skills, tools and systems that help you use your time to accomplish what you want. It…Read More
Biotechnology and life sciences are no doubt booming industries. Both sectors offer excellent career opportunities in India and abroad. However, due to various factors, biotechnology…Read More
Is it accurate to say that you are pondering whether to take humanities or not? Individuals frequently denounce the field of humanities, trusting it to…Read More
In addition to claiming a huge number of lives, the Covid-19 pandemic has made a massive dent in the economy and brought despair to a…Read More