Click Here To »
2021 might be the only 2nd edition of the LeadershipPro on the online mode. However, its legacy has been around since 2012. Yes, 2021 is going to be the 13th batch for LeadershipPro – a summer leadership program for high school students. Additionally, LeadershipPro covers broad aspects of community work, creativity, filmmaking & performing arts for high school students. This is a joint certificate program by Aspire Education and the Darden School of Business, University of Virginia.
Why should a High School Student Attend LeadershipPro?
Leadership skills are critical for high school students. A structured summer program like LeadershipPro is a great opportunity for high school students in India to develop decision-making and soft skills. Moreover, a joint certificate by one of the leading business schools in the world, the opportunity to earn CAS points, and a strong recommendation letter can also be extremely helpful for college admissions too.
Objectives of Aspire’s Summer Leadership Program
- Develop successful leaders using text-based Socratic Dialogues,
enhancing their sense of awareness about ethics & values and developing their moral compass for life
- Develop decision-making and leadership skills using business school-styled case studies and challenging situations to practice the right ethical answer
- Nurture young leaders through their preferred style of learning by providing ten different pedagogies during the program: eg. soft skills, dramatics, adventure sports & community service (eligible for CAS)
- Fill summer program gap in India with the globally-benchmarked two-week program, worthy of a mention in their CVs/ Profiles, especially due to leading partnership with GVV, University of Virginia – Darden School of Business
- Provide emotional, intellectual, and social growth for students through different experiential modes of learning in a safe and supportive environment
Summer Leadership Program Highlights:
- Who Can Attend: Grade 9 – 12 Students (Ages 14-18)
- Mode of Delivery: Online (via Zoom)
- Dates: June 14 – 25, 2021
- Timings: 4 hours per day(Monday-Friday); 2 hours in the morning (Indian faculty) and 2 hours in the afternoon or early evening (US faculty)
- Assignments & Exercise: 2 hours per day
- Duration: 2 Weeks
- Number of Participants: Max 25
- Fees: INR 40,000
- Early Bird Discount: 10% (Deadline: Apr 30, 2021)
Faculty Members & Mentors
The program draws on our experience and that of our mentor, Dr. Mary C. Gentile, PhD., Director-GVV, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia.
The Giving Voice to Values (GVV) curriculum is developed by Dr. Mary C. Gentile, PhD., Professor of Practice at the University of Virginia, Darden School of Business.
About Aspire Education
Aspire Education, a social enterprise founded in 2007 by Amit Bhatia has transformed the lives of 65,000 learners across 18 states in India. Amit also founded Aspire Circle, India’s Impact Investors Council, McKinsey Knowledge Center, and was the inaugural CEO of The Global Steering Group of Impact Investment. He does not mind if I disclose Aspire’s secret recipe for leadership.
Aspire has facilitated the Leadership Development training programs since 2012, and this summer leadership program has been adopted by leading schools (e.g., The Shri Ram School, The Doon School, The Oakridge School & The Lawrence School in Sanawar).
About Darden School of Business (University of Virginia)
When it comes to leadership and business management education and training, Darden School of Business is one of the top business schools in the world.
The Financial Times, in its 2021 Global MBA Ranking, gave Darden the 11th spot (18th rank in 2020). U.S. News names Darden the No. 6 MBA for management and the No. 18 MBA for entrepreneurship and No. 2 Public School in the US for MBA.
Snapshot of Darden School of Business:
- No. 1 — MBA Program, among public universities; No. 5 overall (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- No. 1 — Best Education Experience in the United States (The Economist, 2011–19)
- No. 1 — Student Rating of Faculty (The Economist, 2017–19)
- No. 1 — Best Professors (The Princeton Review, 2017–19)
- No. 1 — Overseas Study (The Economist, 2017–19)
- No. 2 — Learning (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- No. 2 — General Management (Financial Times); ranked No. 1 or 2 eight consecutive years
- No. 2 — Best MBA for Consulting (The Princeton Review)
- No. 2 — Best MBA for Management (The Princeton Review)
Students’ Feedback from Previous Cohorts of LeadershipPro
Registration Process / How to Apply?
Please fill out this Google Form.