Python and Data Science Summer Program for High School Students
Programming, AI, and data science were once seen as skills reserved for geeks and computer nerds. Fuelled by the COVID-pandemic, tech skills are now regarded as essential abilities for 21st-century learners and the future workforce. It’s not essential to learn everything in high school. However, it never hurts to start early. So, why not spend your summer getting your hands dirty with Python Programming, Data Analytics, and building AI/ML? Here is all you need to know about the Coding and Data Science Summer Program 2023 for high schoolers.
Feedback and Reviews from the Summer 2022 Cohort
This will be the 3rd year of our Data Science Summer Program. Here is a video feedback by two students.
Want to Apply for Summer 2023?
Feedback and Testimonials from Students for the Data Science Summer Program
I myself have had quite an exquisite learning experience through “The Python, AI, and Cloud Computing Summer Program”.
I got to learn a lot of new concepts and algorithms which have certainly helped me code more efficiently.
Conclusively speaking, the staff at “Stoodnt” was very amiable and spirited.
– Tanish Tyagi [Grade 11, DPS. Greater Noida]
These sessions were really informative and interesting. The trainers (especially Tamoghna Sir) were very helpful and I learned a lot from them. I really enjoyed these sessions.
Overall, it was a cool summer program to participate. Thank you.
– Rayanna Aggarwal, Grade 10, Vivek High School, Chandigarh
It was a great experience with engaging lessons. At the same time, I felt challenged as well as overwhelmed.
The classes, assignments, and doubt-clearing sessions were very interactive.
– Arya Pangging, Grade 10, KV NERIST, Itanagar
Fantastic workshop! Totally enjoyed and learned a lot tho in a friendly way. It has been very exciting to join them on the scheduled dates.
I liked how it started off by clearing the basics and moved forward to adding assignments over the course of time.
Highly recommended to anyone who is interested in getting started on their journey of gaining knowledge.
– Shruti Madas, Grade 12, The Orchid School, Pune
Stoodnt’s summer camp was a highly interactive and interesting way to learn Python.
We were introduced to very basic python and from there we made our way to website development and handling real-life data sets and plotting them.
We also had very beneficial sessions on college admission procedures and college essays.
Thus to conclude, the camp was very useful and fun at the same time.
– Kaveri Sinha Mahapatra, Grade 12, North Point Senior Secondary Boarding School, Kolkata
Python, AI & Data Science Summer Program 2023 Curriculum
Day 1: Introduction to Python Programming
- Basic syntax and data types in Python
- Input and output with files and standard input/output
- Control structures like if-else, loops, and functions
- Basic data structures in Python like lists, tuples, and dictionaries
Assignment Discussion and Doubt Clearing Session
Day 2: Python Libraries for Data Manipulation
- NumPy, for working with arrays and numerical operations
- Pandas for working with data frames and data manipulation
- Basic data cleaning and data transformation techniques
- Working with missing data, merging, joining, and pivoting data
Day 3: Data Visualization and Exploratory Data Analysis
- Matplotlib and Seaborn for data visualization
- Histograms, box plots, scatter plots, and line charts
- Plot customization, subplots, and multidimensional plotting
- Exploratory Data Analysis techniques such as identifying missing values, feature scaling, correlation analysis, etc.
Day 4: Machine Learning Fundamentals
- Introduction to machine learning concepts
- Regression and classification models in Scikit-learn
- Model evaluation techniques, cross-validation, and metrics
- Feature engineering techniques like one-hot encoding, feature scaling, normalization, etc.
- What are artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) and why they are useful in the practical world of biological sciences?
- How AI is used in vaccine development and strain selection, plus how the COVID-19 data can be used to carry out some projects.
Day 5: Advanced Topics and Project Work
- Advanced machine learning models to decision trees, random forests, and neural networks
- Hyperparameter tuning and regularization techniques
- Project work using real-world datasets and problems
- Other advanced topics like time series analysis, natural language processing, or image processing
- Website development using streamlit library of python.
Doubt clearing session
Data Science Summer Program FAQs
- Trainer: Tamoghna Das, Data Scientist and AI/ML Engineer, Ex UCL, UEA.
- Dates: May 22 (1st Batch) / June 19th (2nd Batch)
- Timings: Afternoon (3 – 5 pm IST)
- Program Fee:
- Regular Fee: Rs. 15,000 (all-inclusive) / USD $185
- Early-Bird Fee: Rs. 11,250 / $140 [Early-Bird Deadline: Apr 30, 2023]
- Modality: Classes will be held on Google Meet
- How to Apply: Fill out the Application Form
5 Exciting Python Project Ideas for Beginners in High School
How to Learn Python from Scratch and Leverage the Learning for College Admissions
An Overview of the Veritas AI Summer Programs
What is Data Science and what Colleges in the US offer a strong data science program?
Why should you Attend this AI & Data Science Summer Program?
- Advancements in the world of artificial intelligence have grown by leaps and bounds over the last few years. It’s affecting each and every industry. AI could turn out to be one of the most important technologies humans have ever invented. If you are one of those aspirational teenagers who wants to have a headstart, this is for you.
- Secondly, computer science is the most competitive major in the US, India, and across the world. Attending this Bootcamp will help you to get started with the basics and work towards profile building. Read how to prepare for STEM and Engineering Majors while in high school.
- Finally, know if this is the right career path for you. It’s true that computer science, data science, and AI are trending careers. But, is it right for you? This summer program will allow you hands-on coding, data analysis, chatbot building, and cloud computing. See if you like working in these areas.