Studies in Creative Arts and Performing Arts in India & Abroad
Table of Contents:
- What is Creative Arts?
- What is Performing Arts?
- What are the subjects in Performing Arts?
- Career Paths after studying Performing Arts.
- Top Colleges in India.
- Top Colleges Abroad.
- Career & Job Prospects in India and Abroad.
When we say “Creative Arts” we come across a term in which an amalgamation of activities that engage a child’s imagination take place and can also include activities such as arts, dance, drama, puppetry and music.
In comparison with Creative arts, Performing arts is generally practice-based (involving an actual performance at the end after gaining the knowledge) or academic in nature, which combines practical work with analysis and practise. It is taught through a combination of workshops and lectures.
The only place where these two studies can meet is when it is performed in front of an audience for evaluation purpose.
In general Performing Arts globally include the following:
In some countries Magic and Oratory Skills are also included in the curriculum.
Degree or Diploma isn’t important, what matters in this field are a wide range of professions one can pursue with a specialisation in one field.
Performing arts tends to include a wide range of careers be it acting, dance, physical theatre, musical theatre and sound designing mainly. Courses celebrate the array of possibilities within live arts. The best part is about exposure to an audience and a never-ending trend of feedback for improvement in one’s approach towards his/her profession throughout life.
After studying Performing Arts, one can become a classical dancer, a choreographer, classical singer, an actor, a theatre director, set designer etc.
- National School of Drama, New Delhi
- Film & Television Institute of India, Pune
- Ramjas College, New Delhi
- Bhatkhande Music Institute (Deemed to be University), Lucknow
- Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh,
- Swathi Thirunal College of Music, Thiruvanthapuram
- Madras Music Academy, Chennai
- Banaras Hindu University, Banaras
- Bharatendu Academy of Dramatic Arts,
- Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata
- Lovely Professional University, Chandigarh
- MIT Vishwashanti Sangeet Kala Academy, Pune
- Karnataka State Dr. Gangubai Hanagal Music and Performing Arts University, Mysore
- AIMS, Bangalore
- Julliard School, US
- Royal School of Music, UK
- Royal Academy of Music, UK
- Curtis Institute of Music, US
- New York University, US
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama, UK
- Yale University, US
- Harvard University, US
- The University of Oxford, UK
- The University of Cambridge, UK
- Stanford University, US
- The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Monash University, Australia
- Mc Gill University, Canada
- The University of Toronto, Canada
- Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris (CNSMDP), France
- Sorbonne University, France
- The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- University of Otago, New Zealand
- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
After graduation, there are schools, dance companies, drama schools, music gurus or academies that search for talented graduates. The graduates can start on their own as well by opening their own academies as well.
In an artist’s life, there are no “fixed targets” that one has to achieve every month or quarter. The “scope” of improvement and “career growth” continues until the last breath. There is a sense of satisfaction in an artist’s life that can never be brought by any materialistic wealth but the sound of applause and good at the same time constructive criticism from the audience for whom he/she performs.
So, if the life of an artist is your calling and you want to study Performing Arts then the time is now.
Better be late than never!
Author: Kartikey Tripathi
With a Masters Degree in Media Science and Specialisation in Corporate Communications. I have both likeliness as well as professional experience in Advertising Copywriting. I’m an actor cum writer based in India.
Students spend years in college to get qualified for the job market. In the end, some students will end up getting into their dream Company/Job…Read More
By Arijit Dutta Managing Director Priya Entertainments Pvt Ltd The travel and tourism industry, along with the related sectors contributing to it, is…Read More
Did you hear about the cool new glasses which are unbreakable? Or about the new app which lets you manage your fitness regime in easier…Read More