TOEFL IBT exam: Eligibility and Criteria for international students
WHAT IS TOEFL IBT TEST?
The TOEFL IBT test gauges your english language at the university level. It works on four major parts i.e. your reading, listening, speaking and writing skills to perform well on the academic aspect. It is intended to assess your authority of the English dialect and your capacity to be fruitful in an English-talking scholarly condition.
WHY THIS TOEFL IBT TEST IS IMPORTANT?
Ample amount of people take this test so that there communication skill fit in foreign universities. The students who wants to pursue higher studies need to present their TOEFL IBT test score in colleges based in US, UK and Canada.
WHO ACCEPT THE TOEFL IBT TEST SCORE?
TOEFL IBT is accepted in more than 8, 500 universities, agencies, and other institutions as well. Almost 130 countries accept this test and it is a highly recommended test for the students who are planning to study abroad in the best universities. TOEFL is very important in the countries like USA and Canada but UK and Australia prefer more of IELTS. Also, TOEFL is accepted and has validation for two years.
HOW SHOULD I APPLY FOR TOEFL IBT TEST?
Well, if you are applying for TOEFL IBT, then the best path is to seek career guidance from career counselors before you sign up for the test. This way, you will be able to get the deepest insights and various tips and strategies to pass it. Apart from this, you can go to TOEFL’s official website and register yourself for it.
If you are concerned about the registration amount, then it may vary from country to country. But for US, it is:
WHAT ARE THE VARIOUS FORMS OF PAYMENT FOR TOEFL?
1. Credit/Debit: American Express, JCB, Discover, Mastercard or visa.
2. Electronic check (e-check) – Drawn on a bank in the United States or its domains, in U.S. dollars as it were. E-checks can be utilized to enroll on the web or by telephone.
3. PayPal® account – Any installment can be made through PayPal.
4. Paper check or cash arrange – must be in U.S. dollars and made payable to ETS-TOEFL.
5. Western Union Quick Pay℠
WHEN AND WHERE CAN I GIVE THE TOEFL IBT TEST?
The TOEFL IBT test is conducted around the year and has more than 50 test dates annually. Any student can give this test as many times as they wish but to take a retest you have to wait for 12 days after attempting the first one.
1. Enroll for the exam as quickly as possible – When you have settled on an exam date, book your place promptly. Contingent upon where you live and when you need to take the test, there might be restricted accessibility. Try to enroll early, e.g. no less than 3 months before the exam date.
2. Check where your exam will happen and touch base early on the exam day – It is essential to check where you will sit the test before the exam day keeping in mind the end goal to design your excursion there. Keep in mind that you should arrive 30 minutes before the start of the test. Late hopefuls might be declined passage.
HOW DOES TOEFL IBT TEST TAKE PLACE?
TOEFL IBT is divided into 4 sections, namely:
You will receive an email when your scores are available, which would be 10 days after your test date. You can log in to your TOEFL IBT account on the TOEFL Registration website to see your scores. Printed score reports will be mailed approximately 13 days after your test date.
NOTE: Your scores are valid for two years and can be sent to other higher education institutions during that time.
Author: Rohit Kapur
With the 2017-2018 application cycle underway, here are the few tips and strategies to deal with the 2017-2018 Common App Essay Prompts. The Common Application (informally known as the Common…Read More
Indian School of Business (ISB) , Hyderabad ISB holds the No. 1 Ranking this year also (from the past 2 years). This program acknowledges candidates…Read More
Admissions counselors from Illinois Wesleyan University, Hampton University, University of Minnesota—Twin Cities and Dartmouth College share the most common reasons why applicants don’t get accepted.…Read More
Earlier, we have discussed the most in-demand soft skills for today’s job market. However, not everyone might have developed the required skill set during their…Read More