Top Bank Exams Training Institutes in India
In India the Banking industry has traditionally been one of the most preferred sectors for career building among job aspirants. Today, banks are considered to be a sunrise sector in the country, as right from 2001the sector index has grown at a compounded annual rate of over 51%. The industry is recruits in a big way and is slated to recruit lakhs of candidates in the next five years.
With diversification, of activities and foraying into new products and services like credit cards, consumer finance, wealth management, life and general insurance, investment banking, mutual funds, pension fund regulation, stock broking services, custodian services and private equity etc. – the horizon of banking sector has expanded phenomenally. Additionally, the Indian banks are now going global, and setting up offshore offices. This expansion and convergence with the other financial sectors such as insurance, NBFCs and Capital markets, along with retirement of the existing employees as well as financial inclusion have lead to greater opportunities in the industry.
Series of CWEs are held by IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) conducts every year. These include tests for PO (General Banking Officer – GBO), Clerical (Single Window Operator – SWO), Specialist Officers for recruitment into the Public Sector Banks and Regional Rural Banks to meet the demand of the sector. This gives a clear idea about when to apply for the jobs, and start preparing for them in a planned way. Infrastructure, Risk Management, Banking and Financial Services, Management Information Systems and Customer Relations Management are some departments where specialization is expected from candidates. Other than SBI, all other big Public Sector Banks participate in the CWE.
Here is the list of participating banks-
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Vijaya Bank.
Generally, the bank entrance examinations are of the following types:
- Common Written Examinations (CWEs) by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) as a precondition for selection of Probationary Officer / Management Trainee / Clerk / Specialist Officer posts in Public Sector banks (other than SBI) and for Officers and Office Assistants in Regional Rural Banks
- Exam conducted by SBI for recruitment to the posts of Clerks and Officers
- Enrolment by private sector banks and PSBs by means of one year PG Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) course in Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd. Bangalore (MaGE) and Nitte Education International Pvt Ltd. Greater Noida (NEIPL)
All who take the CWEs exam will have to get a minimum score in each section, following which there will be a second level cut off on total as per needed. Based on the number of vacancies available, cut-offs will be determined and aspirants will be selected for interview (For PO). Interviews are not held for Clerk jobs and the final short-listing is done on the basis of marks obtained in main exam.
IBPS has started a system of common interview in order to avoid multiple selections. Here are the details –
- Those qualifying the CWE will be selected for common interview level co-ordinated by IBPS
- Aspirants will submit their order of preference for banks during applying for the CWE
- Those succeeding the CWE as well as the Common Interview will be listed in the order of merit based on – total marks (CWE + CI), order of preference of banks along with available positions. Vacancies which will remain unfilled due to candidates declining offers will be filled by the waitlisted candidates, through subsequent process.
To succeed in the exams a host of institute offers comprehensive courses and tutorials to aspirants.
- Bank PO & Clerk / Insurance Exams Classroom Programme
- IBPS / SBI (PO & Clerk) Correspondence Courses
- IBPS/SBI (PO & Clerk), Insurance Exams Online Test Series
- Cognitive Skill Development Training to Secure Entry Level Jobs in BFSI & Other Sectors
- Training for Diploma in Banking & Finance (DB&F) of Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF)
- Blended (classroom + online) & online training for various competitive exams of IBPS / SBI / RRBs/ PSBs, other Banks & Insurance companies (BFSI Sector) and other competitive exams of PSUs/ IT/ BT companies, Railways, private sector companies, campus selections, etc., at the pre-recruitment stage
- Blended & online training for Diploma in Banking & Finance (DB&F)
- Blended & online training post recruitment courses for Bank employees (JAIIB/CAIIB)
The courses offered by the institutes provide a wholesome learning experience with rich content, state of the art technology and both classroom as well as online learning process. Most of these courses are affordable, user friendly, easily accessible and offer a blend of effective & interactive learning. These courses improve cognitive capabilities of aspirants, create a better understanding of the subjects and thus enable them to crack the various competitive exams of BFSI Sector (like IBPS /SBI /RRB /PSB/Insurance Cos), Railways, PSUs & Private sector Cos. and also DB&F & JAIIB/CAIIB Exams conducted by IIBF. Both classroom and online courses are available in these centres and exhaustive study material, questions with explanation to solution and tests with instant in built self-evaluation system are provided. Course materials are based on latest pattern also have audio narration of lessons in English language for Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and English subjects. Programs are often designed by experienced bankers and academicians assisted by group of advisors.
Top 30 bank exams training institutes in India
- Indian Institute of Banking and Services (IIBS)
- Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt. Ltd. (T.I.M.E)
- BSC Academy
- Loyal Coaching Center (LCC)
- Career Launcher (CL)
- IBT Institute Pvt. Ltd
- Vista Mind Education Pvt. Ltd.
- Vidya Guru
- Paramount Coaching Center
- Career Power – Noida
- SRD Life – Patna
- Astitva Center for Professional Excellence – Garhwal Srinagar
- Jeremy education centre – Anywhere in India
- Eduservex – Anywhere in India
- Vel career academy – Chennai
- Ingenious recruitment centre – Chandigarh
- Edufundu Educations – Kolkata
- Dhristhi Education – Mumbai
- A.N.Reddy Banking Coaching centre – Hyderabad
- Athena Multiskills Coaching Classes – Lucknow
- The Payas India – Anywhere in India
- Tatanagar Institute of Management and Education Centre – Jamshedpur
- NIIT Chennai – Anna Nagar
- Sankalp IAS Forum – Mumbai
- Sharpshooters – Gurgaon
- Viswa IAS Academy – Tiruchirapalli
- IBPS Guide – Erode
- LOCAS – Ludhiana
- Vinayak Institute of Professional Studies – Pathankot
- Civil Academy – Mangalore
Author: Baishali Mukherjee
Profile- An independent writer and journalist for last nine years; presently working with Education World, Entrepreneur India, Scrabbl.com and Stoodnt.com. Worked as the content head for four books and have articles and features published in leading print and digital media spaces.
Celebrations are integral to human life and existence. We celebrate numerous occasions throughout our lives – some of which are personal while others are…Read More
The GMAT, Learning, and Memory A student recently asked: “Most of the time it happens that, when I keep moving forward in my GMAT studies,…Read More
By Varun Bhutani, Managing Director, Tangish – A Trihund Product Technology is often considered the nerve center of growth and…Read More
By Shubika Bilkha The higher education framework in India has come into question as reports indicate that the majority of graduates are deemed unemployable.…Read More