UPSC CSE, IAS Prep 2021 | Details, Syllabus, Eligibility, Papers.
What does UPSC stands for?
The full form of the UPSC is Union Public Service Commission.
What’s the job of UPSC?
UPSC conducts a National Level Exam for 24 civil services under the Central & State Government of India.
Is UPSC an exam?
No, that’s a very wrong interpretation. ‘Civil Services’ are the exams. UPSC is the organizer.
Civil Services Exams are the ones we’ll be talking about here.
What are Civil Service Exams?
The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is an all India competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India, including the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, and Indian Police Service.
It is conducted in three phases –
- Preliminary examination consisting of two objective-type papers (General Studies Paper I) and (General Studies Paper II) also popularly known as Civil Service Aptitude Test or CSAT
- Main examination consisting of nine papers of conventional (essay) type, in which two papers are qualifying and only marks of seven are counted
- A personality test (interview)
Structure of Civil Service Examinations:
- Preliminary or Prelims Examination
- CSAT – I General Studies (GS)
100 Questions | 200 Marks
- CSAT – II
- Main Examination
- Personality Test
SLLYABUS/SUBJECTS OF PRELIMS CSAT I General Studies (GS) AND CSAT II
CSAT – I GENERAL STUDIES INCLUDE:
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development, Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives etc.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
CSAT – II INCLUDE:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical Reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
SLLYABUS/SUBJECTS FOR MAINS EXAMINATION (SUBJECTIVE/DESCRIPTIVE)
- PAPER – A
One of the Indian Language selected by the candidate from the languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India
- PAPER – B
MERIT COUNTING PAPERS:
- PAPER – 1 – Essay
- PAPER – 2 TO PAPER 5 General Studies (GS) :
- GS – I
Indian Heritage & Culture, History and Geography of the world and society
- GS – II
Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations
- GS – III
Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
- GS – IV
Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
- PAPER – 6 AND PAPER 7
1 optional with 2 papers
- Optional Paper 1
- Optional Paper 2
PERSONALITY TEST (INTERVIEW)
The Third Exam after passing out Prelims and Mains is the Personality Test which is taken in the form of interview. In the interview, the candidate is evaluated on the basis of his/her outlook on the current affairs in the national and global platforms. His/her General Knowledge, attitude, way of dealing with the situations in the country.
It is a 275 marks examination.
LIST OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS:
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
Group 2: (Literature of any one of these following languages)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR UPSC-CSE
|General||21 to 32 years of age||6|
|OBC||21 to 35 years of age||9|
|SC||21 to 37 years of age||Unlimited|
|ST||21 to 37 years of age||Unlimited|
DATES FOR UPSC CSE 2021
|EXAM NAME||EXAM DATE|
|Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2021||27th June 2021|
|Civil Services (Main) Examination 2021||17th September 2021 onwards|
UPSC CALENDER 2021
A date guide for students preparing for 2021 UPSC CSE Examinations
For more details about UPSC CSE dates and fees please visit www.upsc.gov.in
Forget what happened in 2020. 2021 is just round the corner! Get going from now and serve the country by being a part of its administration.
Best Wishes from www.stoodnt.com
Author: Kartikey Tripathi
With a Masters Degree in Media Science and Specialisation in Corporate Communications. I have both likeliness as well as professional experience in Advertising Copywriting. I’m an actor cum writer based in India.
By Subhojit Roy, Partner, Connections PR Brands help people make a choice. The purpose of branding is to ensure that your product or…Read More
In 2019, eight students tied for the top spot at the Scripps National Spelling Bee, an unprecedented phenomenon. These 12- to 14-year olds seemed like…Read More
Switzerland is known for its accurate watches, reliable banks, chocolates & cheese, fairy-tale landscape, crystal-clear lakes, and peaceful mountains. However, what many people might not…Read More