Why Yale University tops the chart in terms of best law schools?
Are you looking forward to apply in Yale Law School? Then, know why most Law aspirants are head over heels for Yale.
Yale Law School is one of the world’s most prestigious law school, which offers excellent Law degrees with an unmatched environment for competency. It is located in New Haven, Connecticut and has renowned faculty with a student ratio of 7 to 1, limitless opportunities for clinical training, encouragement of public service etc. It was established in the year 1824 and till date its impact in the world is hugely measured by its accomplished graduates and its outreach through numerous centers and projects.
Considering the faculty-student ratio, it supports a vast array of courses and opportunities for independent research and student-organized seminars. The practical knowledge is given much more preference as first year students get practical training by representing real clients in clinics.
Yale Law School is unique among law schools in that it produces leaders in all walks of life: From distinguished deans and faculty members to CEOs and corporate counsels in different industry verticals, Yale’s alumni have really made a difference in the world. Its approach has always been unique in terms of producing prodigies in all walks of life. Yale has produced many of the world’s renowned prodigies namely Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Gerald Ford, Herbert Brownell Jr. etc.
- If you are an aspiring applicant, then the admissions application deadline is: February 28, 2018
- Costs & financial aid: Tuition fees is $59, 920 as of 2017 – Almost around 73% of students receive some form of need-based financial aid and 60% get the average grant of $25, 980.
- The school has one of the most generous postgraduate loan forgiveness programs in the country. Last year, YLS provided more than $5.2M to 452 graduates.
- More than 70 full-time faculty
- More than 50 lecturers, fellows, and affiliated faculty
- Faculty active in international, constitutional, and corporate legal issues through their work in numerous Yale Law School centers and projects.
- Courses: More than 180 courses offered each year, with many opportunities for independent research and writing.
- Programs: J.D., LL.M., J.S.D., Ph.D., and M.S.L.; many joint degrees, including J.D.-M.B.A., J.D.-PhD., and J.D.-M.A.
- More than 30 clinics available, starting spring term first year; 75 percent of students take clinics
Areas of Interest in Yale –
- Administrative Law
- Constitutional Law
- Corporate & Commercial Law
- Criminal Justice
- Environmental Law
- Human Rights Law
- International Law
- IT and Media Law
- Law and Health
- Law Teaching
- Legal History
- Public Interest Law
If you are an aspiring law student, then Yale is definitely the right fit for your career. But also, you need the right amount of Career Guidance to get through it. So, you can get in touch with our career counselors and make the best choices for your career.
Author: Rohit Kapur
“There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve…Read More
By Arijit Dutta Managing Director Priya Entertainments Pvt Ltd The travel and tourism industry, along with the related sectors contributing to it, is…Read More
Your career is never chosen on the basis of someone else’s track record. Unless you feel that you are good at a professional task, have…Read More
There is a crying need for schools in India that caters to children with special needs. The importance and appropriate use of technology to further…Read More